1. What are the types of houses?
Houses are of many types. Some houses are made of bricks, cement, wood and steel. And some houses are made of mud, hay and straw.
2. What are the things used to make a strong house?
Bricks, cement, wood and steel are used to make a strong houses.
3. Give one demerit of mud, bag and straw used to make a house.
The houses will not be very strong.
4. Name two roofs.
All houses have roofs. Some houses have flat roofs and some have sloping roofs.
5. Describe the flat roofs and sloping roofs.
Houses in hot places have flat roofs and in places which have heavy rain and snow, houses have sloping roofs.
6. What are temporary houses?
Some houses, such as tends, are used for a short while. They are called temporary houses.
7. What are the advantages of tend?
1. Live in a tent when you go camping.
2. In the desert around the world, people live in tents.
3. They can fold their tent and move to another place whenever they want.
8. Eskimos lives in which house? What are the things used to make a house?
Eskimos live in igloos. Igloos are made of big blocks of ice. But an igloo is always warm inside.
9. Differentiate between architect and mason.
An architect draws a design for the house.
A mason mixes cement and builds the walls.
10. Differentiate between a carpenter and plumber.
A carpenter makes the doors and windows.
A plumber fixes the taps and pipes.
Practice in Related Chapters
|My family and me|
|People who help us|
|Animal and us|
|Type of Clothes|
|Types of Houses|
|Means of Transport|
|Being in Touch|
|Air We Breath|
|Directions and Time|
|Things I Can Make|
|Plants and Us|