1.What are the names of the characters in this chapter?
The characters in the chapter are Cathy, Mary, Lakshmi , Sania and Diana.
2. What was the setting ?
It was dark woods and midnight.
3. Why did Diana ask not to make much noise ?
Diana asked not to make much noise as she felt that making much noise would awaken the spirits of the woods.
4. Whose idea was to make the cake ?
It was Diana’s aunt’s idea to make the cake.
5. What was Diana’s aunt's idea ?
Diana’s aunt’s idea was to make a cake and deliver it to Diana as a surprise.
6. What did Diana’s mother notice about the cake ?
Diana’s mother noticed that the vanilla essence used in the cake has crossed the date of expiry.
7. What did Diana’s mother advise her to do with the cake ?
Dian’s mother advised her to dispose the cake so that no animal or human could get it.
8. What was Cathy’s reason for not burning the cake ?
Cathy did not burn the cake as she thought that if she burnt it, the woods will catch fire and their team leaders will be annoyed.
9. How were they planning to dig the ground ?
They were planning to use a spade to dig the ground.
10. Where was the spade found?
The spade was found at the back of their tent.
Practice in Related Chapters
|Passive Voice and Reported Speech|
|If You Want Cheese Say Please|
|The Day Tsunami Struck|
|Kings and other things|
|Burial in the Forest|
|The Magic of Walt Disney|
|Pasan Lhamu:The Living Voice in Ice|
|Turn off the TV|
|Saviour of the Valley|
|Oliver Asks for more|